Someone asked me today about how to run a 7Cs Learning Design workshop. Here are my suggestions.
- An ideal number for the workshop is 25 – 30, ampoule with participants working in teams of five. At the beginning of the workshop, price they need to agree a course or module to work on.
- Give each participant a handout with the outline of the workshop and associated resources.
- Give an overview of the 7Cs of Learning Design framework.
- Get the groups to work through the activities, get feedback from each group after each activity.
- Carry out an evaluation at the end: what did they like about the workshop? Room for improvement? Three words to describe the workshop. Action plan as a result of attending the workshop.